Women business owners in Greater Manchester can benefit from FREE support to take their business to the next level with The Women’s Organisation. The Women’s Organisation who have been working in Merseyside since 1996 offering enterprise support to women, are pleased to announce the launch of their Venture Accelerator business growth programme in Greater Manchester.
Through Venture Accelerator women can be linked with a specialist business growth adviser who will offer tailored support to take their business to the next level.
Venture Accelerator Programme Manager Mike Marsden said “The first step to growing your business is committing to it. We encourage women to consider putting time aside and work ON their business not IN their business. Taking that moment to reflect, especially with the support of an independent adviser, can help you focus on the possibilities. Running a business day to day there are 101 things to keep us busy and can take our focus away from ever gearing up to the next level. Developing a plan for growth means looking at what you are doing well that you can build on, and exploring possible new markets.”
Some of the women who have already benefited from the advice of Mike and his team have tweeted:
“Another informative meeting today with @TheWomenOrgManc” Mrs Frisbees All Naturals
“Anyone in the Manchester area has to be in touch with @TheWomenOrgManc for free business growth support. It’s absolutely brilliant!” Excalibur Inflatables
Mike says “There is a misconception that there is no funding for growth now. All we hear about is the double dip recession, doom and gloom. The good news is that there is help and finance available for business growth if you know where to look and have a solid plan. It is a fantastic privilege to open that door for local women and see them get excited about where their business ambitions can take them.”
The Women’s Organisation’s Venture Accelerator programme of tailored support is open to:
- · Women-led businesses registered in Manchester, Salford, Trafford, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Tameside and Stockport
- · Businesses looking to expand through taking on new staff or significantly increasing turnover through accessing new markets
Examples of ways The Women’s Organisation can offer support to businesses include:
• Growth Strategy – developing a clear growth strategy for a business aligned to their needs
• Access to markets – research, business planning, pitch preparation
• Strategic marketing – Sales and marketing development, social media/E-commerce
• Developing effective leadership – building leadership potential, tightening human resources and talent development
• Financial Management – raising finance, bid preparation, procurement
• Linking to Networks & Developing Strategic Partnerships – Finding people or talent through networking opportunities locally and globally, referrals to professional partners
• Corporate Social Responsibility
The Venture Accelerator Programme runs to June 2015 and is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. If you are a woman-led business based in the Greater Manchester area and you would like free advice to build your staff team or grow your turnover, contact programme manager MikeMarsden@thewo.org.uk to find out more about the help The Women’s Organisation can offer and follow @TheWomenOrgManc on twitter.