We are professionally run and expertly guided
The Women’s Organisation is a registered charity with a wholly owned trading arm that operates as a social enterprise and reinvests its profits back into the charity. Each entity has its own separate board of directors, which draws its members from diverse backgrounds, including business, the social economy, education and academia, to ensure our directors have a broad range of experience, expertise and insight.
The Women’s Organisation Ltd
The objects of The Women’s Organisation Charity are:
- The relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be thought fit, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, provision of assistance to find employment and the provision of managed workspace and other services to support business start and development.
- To advance the education of women in areas that will enhance their economic potential in such ways as the charity believes fit including the provision of programmes of education and training; provision of carer and travel costs to support access to the Charity’s learning programmes; provision of grants to prepare for entry into self-employment following the Charity’s educational programmes.
- To act as a resource for women who have need of such assistance by reason of their poverty or social and economic circumstances, by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes and other activities as a means ensuring that their conditions in life are improved.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by advancing education and raising awareness in equality, and conducting or commissioning research on equality issues and publishing the results to the public.
- The advancement of health and wellbeing through the provision of financial assistance, support, training, education, counselling and practical advice.
The charity board is led by Gill Moglione as Chair, with Susan Oshikanlu as Treasurer.
The Women’s Organisation (Trading) Ltd
The Women’s Organisation (Trading) Ltd is registered as a social enterprise, under company number 3146623. The trading board is led by Pat Shea Halson as Chair.
Accountants and Auditors – Mitchell Charlesworth Chartered Accountants, 5 Temple Square, Liverpool, L2 5RH
Bank – Barclays Plc, 50 Lord Street, Liverpool, L2 1TD
Solicitors – Brabners Chaffe Street, Horton House Exchange Flags, Liverpool, L2 3YL