We’re excited to welcome Crowdfunder for this ‘Back Her Business’ event here at The Women’s Organisation, to show you how together with NatWest, they can help you raise money for your new business through crowdfunding.
What’s more, if you’re a new female-led business which has not yet crossed an annual turnover of £1,000, then you could be eligible for a special grant funding opportunity from NatWest to receive up to £5,000 for your business!*
Join us to hear from Samantha Mauger, Head of Coaching at Crowdfunder, to:
- Understand the crowdfunding process and how it can help you raise the funds to start your business
- Find out how you can access donations or rewards-based funding through Crowdfunder’s platform
- Hear about exciting grant funding opportunities from NatWest, up to £5,000*
- Discover the wrap-around business support available through Back Her Business
What is Back Her Business?
Crowdfunder have joined forces with NatWest to help more women get started in business.
Together they can help you raise money for your business through crowdfunding, and will also provide free wrap-around support, including coaching, mentoring and opportunities to meet like-minded women.
What’s more, NatWest may also choose to offer successful projects up to 50% of their fundraising target (max. £5,000) in grant funding!*
How does the process work?
- Those wishing to apply should set up a crowdfunding project (with a minimum target of £1,000) and complete a short application.
- If your application is approved, Natwest may then choose to give your project match funding of up to 50% towards your crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £5,000.
- To receive a pledge from Natwest, your project must have raised at least 25% of your initial target from the Crowd, from at least 10 unique backers.
- This will take the Project to up to 75% funded, and the Project Owner can then use the message that they have received NatWest support to drive further support.
- Projects must go on to achieve 100% of their initial funding target to receive the NatWest funds
A project has a target of £2000, with a campaign length of 28 days…
- The project raises £500 from 10 backers in 16 days
- NatWest pledge of £1,000 applied (assuming the full 50% match funding is granted)
- The Project raises a further £750 from 14 backers in remaining 12 days
- The project closes successfully after 28 days having raised a total of £2,250 from 25 backers.
Who is eligible?
- Women-led businesses based in the UK
- Must be a new trading activity i.e. not growing an existing business venture
- If the business is already up and running, it must not have crossed an annual turnover of £1,000 at the point of application
- Must be able to satisfy Crowdfunder’s due diligence checks
- Please note – this session is aimed at those based in the Liverpool City Region. If you’re outside of this area, then please click here to see what support Back Her Business has in your area.
*Please note: There is no guarantee that a project will receive NatWest grant funding, the decision to fund is at the discretion of the programme management.
If you’d like to find out more, or book directly with us, then please contact our team on 0151 706 8111, or via e-mail on email@example.com.