We are supporting women in Liverpool by developing confidence and raising aspirations
The Women's Organisation are pleased to offer the 'Change it' programme to support local women from all backgrounds, ages and stages of their lives to feel more positive about what they can achieve. Change It; Progress to Success is open to women in Liverpool who are looking for support to build a a better world at home, at work or in relationships.
This 8-session Confidence and Resilience Building programme will be delivered by our team in Liverpool's Children's Centres and at 54 St James Street, home to The Women's Organisation.
what will be covered?
- Positive Thinking and Learning about Yourself
Developing positive thinking skills and how to think effectively
Identifying positive achievements in our lives
Identifying our beliefs and values and how this impacts on our relationships and decisions
Completing a ‘learning styles’ questionnaire to understand what type of learner we are and how this can affect us
Breaking negative thinking habits
- How to Become a More Assertive You
Understanding the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviours.
Learning how to say no in a positive way
Building your communication skills
- Managing Change
Understanding the impact of transition
Learning about where you are in your transition curve
- How to Present Yourself with Confidence
Understanding how to avoid self-sabotage
- Building an Effective Employability Toolkit
Setting achievable goals
Understanding the difference between skills and qualities
Completing a skills audit and developing a personal profile
- Understanding How to Get the Job You Want
Understanding the process of job applications and requirements of employers
Learning how to present yourself with confidence at interview
what are the benefits to me?
- Manage your thinking in a more constructive way
- Learning about yourself and building a more positive outlook
- Develop effective communication skills
- Meet likeminded women
- Make better choices for your future
- Find out about local support and opportunities available to you
- Help you to make the changes that you want to in your life
- Will there be any role play?
No we do not use role play for this programme
- Will I be asked to speak about myself?
We will never put you on the spot or ask you to speak in front of the group. Any sharing is completely voluntary and down to your personal preference. We try to create an environment that is open for those who want to share, but safe if you would rather just join in quietly.
- Who will be informed that I am attending this programme?
We do not pass your details on to the job centre or any other organisations. We will only share data with the charity that funds the programme: Big Lottery Fund.
- How do I apply to join?
Simply contact our engagement team on 0151 706 8111 or email email@example.com