- This event has passed.
Reflect and Select: Planning your next step
This course is open to men and women in The Liverpool City Region who are not in paid employment and are looking for support as they plan the next step in their career.
Are you ready for the next step in your career – but don’t know where to start?
Business experts from The Women’s organisation can give you the support you need to reflect on your past career history, and then help you to select the right path for your future.
Across two days our three-hour training sessions will give you the skills and guidance you need to make a new start. (Course outline and dates below.)
Wednesday 16th June 10am – 1pm.
Day 1 – Reflect
Reflecting on past career history whilst interweaving confidence building.
- Why we fear change – we will look at the science of the brain and consider why doubt and ambivalence are prevalent in our career/life changes.
- Identifying Achievements – focussing on all the amazing things we have achieved and recognising that we haven’t just “done” a job.
- Transferable skills – identifying what skills we take with us on our career journey and how they may fit into an industry that we have never worked in before.
- Identifying strengths – over the two days we will complete a SWOT analysis, on day one we will consider our strengths.
Wednesday 23rd June 10am – 1pm.
Day 2 – Select
Selecting the right path/what next.
- Job search – we reveal the hidden job market and share job searching hints and tips.
- Budgeting – we consider budgeting for the new job, such as ‘how will I get to work/what is it going to cost?’.
- Marketing yourself – how can we proactively market ourselves via LinkedIn, creating a network of business contacts.
- Action plan – Each attendee will complete the sessions with an action plan containing achievable goals
The course is open to WOMEN & MEN living in the LIVERPOOL CITY REGION (Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens, or Halton) who are not in paid employment or economically inactive (perhaps a student, homemaker, taking a career break or retired).
*Help is available for individuals who do not have the right equipment or know-how to access Zoom.*
For more information about eligibility or to book a place on this course, please contact our engagement team on 0151 706 8111 or email email@example.com
Please note; There are limited places available and can be reserved via Eventbrite
This project is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund
*REGISTRATION CLOSES 14th JUNE 9AM*