The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Liverpool City Region economy.
As a direct response to the new measures imposed by Government and the challenges that businesses are facing under the national lockdown, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority has created a new fund called the Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant.
The Local Business Support Grant will be administered by each of the six local authorities that form the Combined Authority, namely Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral. The new grants are worth between £3,750 and £13,500 and are aimed at small and microbusinesses, specifically:
- Businesses that have been ordered to close and are outside the business rate system.
- Businesses in the hospitality and leisure supply chain that either pay business rates or have commercial property related costs.
- Self-employed / Sole trader / home-based businesses / licenced market traders working in or supplying the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
- Businesses in any sector, including the self-employed / sole traders / home-based businesses, that can demonstrate a loss of income of more than 40% due to Covid-19. Businesses can also apply for this grant if they pay business rates or have commercial property related costs.
The Local Business Support Grand application window opened today, Wednesday 10th February and will close on Friday 26th February at 5pm.
There are 4 categories of business eligible to apply for The Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant:
- Businesses that have been ordered to close (as from 5 January 2021), are not in the business rates system, are based in commercial premises, and not eligible for Local Restrictions Grant (Closed
- Businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector or supply chain that either pay business rates or have commercial property related costs.
- Self-employed / sole trader / home based business (that predominantly works in or supplies the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors) / licensed market trader
- Businesses in any sector that can demonstrate a loss of at least 40% in sales/revenue due to Covid-19 (including self-employed / sole trader / home-based businesses). The grant funding in this category aims to help small and micro businesses in any sector that are not eligible for other grant schemes and that are struggling with a loss of sales/revenue in the current financial year due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
An application made during the grant application window does not guarantee approval for payment. Complete and compliant applications will be appraised in order of receipt by the local authority. The aim is that funding will reach applicants within 10 working days of an application being approved, with payment by BACS (a BACS payment can take up to 3 days to be received).
Eligible businesses are encouraged to note the following when completing their application:
- You may encounter problems using the ‘Safari’ web browser. We recommend that you use Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.
- It is essential to read the Guidance Notes, Checklist, Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice.
- Use the online checklist to gather the supporting documents you need before beginning your application.
- You must complete the online application form in one session as it cannot be saved.
- Any missing or incorrect information will delay the appraisal and payment process.
Businesses wishing to apply for The Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant, should do so through their local council.