We are influencing policy at the highest levels
At The Women’s Organisation, we understand that real change on the ground comes through changes in policy at the very top. So we work tirelessly to influence those policies to ensure that our leaders and decision makers take account of women’s issues and women’s economic development.
Our expert representatives actively participate in policy consultations, think tanks, conferences and seminars to get our case across. Our unrivalled expertise, our international reputation and our sheer tenacity earn us a seat at the table of local, national and international organisations, so that we can make sure that women get the voice that they deserve.
Where we feel that our input would be relevant, but we have not been invited to contribute directly, we actively lobby to raise awareness and highlight the key issues, to make sure that our point of view and our priorities are not ignored.
The Women’s Organisation influences policy development in a number of ways, including:
- Providing leadership and vision to policy makers
- Providing robust research evidence to back up our case
- Building strategic partnerships to raise awareness
- Sharing the success stories of women’s enterprise
- Pushing to raise the standard of services for women
- Highlighting the challenges and solutions to women’s economic and personal fulfillment