- This event has passed.
Level Up: Creating Career Confidence
**Please note this is a funded programme, so ensure you meet the eligibility criteria detailed below before booking**
This 3-week free programme is the compulsory part of our ‘Level Up, Move On’ scholarship programme for Men and Women aged between 18-30 who are living in Liverpool City Region and not currently in paid employment (see below for full eligibility criteria).
Starts: Friday 23rd April and runs for the following 3 Fridays 9:30 am – 12:30 pm via Zoom. (course outline and dates below)
What is Level Up: Creating Career Confidence?
As part of our ‘Level Up’ Scholarship, this ‘Creating Career Confidence’ programme will help you to build a toolkit of strategies that you can use to make the changes you want, and build your confidence to take the next steps towards work.
Week 1: Friday 23rd April – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Starting with developing a positive mindset
- How our thoughts can impact our feelings and behavior.
- Why do we have negative thoughts? Where do they come from?
- Challenging negative thinking.
- Practical strategies: affirmations, gratitude, positive self-talk, mindfulness.
Week 2: Friday 30th April 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Looking at these behaviors, what is assertiveness, passive, passive-aggressiveness.
- How assertive are you? What stops us from being assertive?
- Practical strategies to start building our assertiveness.
- Learn how to ask for help, saying no, and accepting compliments.
Week 3: Friday 7th May – 9:30 am – 12: 30 pm
Money and Setting Goals
- What is our money mindset?
- How our mindset on money impacts our financial resilience.
- How to build a budget and trim our spending.
- Looking at our strengths and skills
- Identifying areas to improve, what opportunities are there for us
- Practical strategies to start building our assertiveness
Each of these sessions is interactive and offers real practical advice including short videos to watch, quizzes, discussions, and takeaway tools.
The course is open to WOMEN & MEN living in the LIVERPOOL CITY REGION (Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens, or Halton) who are not in paid employment or economically inactive (perhaps a student, homemaker, taking a career break or retired).
*Help is available to individuals who do not have the right equipment or know-how to access Zoom.*
For more information or to book a place on this course, please contact our engagement team on 0151 706 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund